Senior Project Management Officer (PMO)
Description of the mission:
We are looking for a Senior Project Management Officer (PMO) to support the ALEGrO project, a joint project between our client and Amprion GmbH (the Parties). In particular, the PMO shall support the sub-projects Market Integration and System Operation (the Sub-Projects).
Description of the service:
- The PMO is expected to support the project management for the Parties for the Sub-Projects (hereafter “Services”) and to ensure the timely delivery of the Sub-Projects in accordance with the high-level roadmap as amended from time to time and in accordance with the decisions of the Operating Committee (OC).
- The PMO shall also report to the project managers of the ALEGrO project on the progress of the Sub-Projects and on the related risks.
- The language of the project is English.
- The PMO shall report in writing to the sub-project leaders and the OC on its performance of the Services.
- The PMO shall use the existing SharePoint platform for the management and the administration of the Sub-Projects.
- The PMO shall under guidance of the sub-project leaders and of the OC carry out an efficient management of the project by rendering Services to the Parties in line with professional project management standards, in particular:
- The PMO shall provide administrative support (i.e. inter alia organising meetings, hosting teleconferences, preparing meeting agendas, providing minutes, handling documentation system, coordinate and support the elaboration of documents for internal and external use, e.g. documents that require regulatory approval). The PMO shall ensure efficient communication between the Parties.
- The PMO shall use and if necessary update or create in agreement with the sub-project leaders at least the following documents:
- Sub-Projects’ roadmaps
- Risk management plan
- Preparation of a priority list of activity until go-live as well as the activities to be performed afterwards
- The PMO shall continuously monitor and control the progress of the Sub-Projects, ensure its alignment with the overall ALEGrO project and with the other sub-projects and report to the OC and sub-project leaders on Sub-Projects’ progress.
- The PMO shall facilitate the execution of tasks by the involved experts based on the OC decisions and the guidance from sub-project leaders by providing management and planning support, in particular:
- Support structuring procedures and processes within the Sub-Projects;
- Support the document management;
- By pragmatic evaluation of the necessary time required for planning purposes;
- By pragmatic evaluation of risks.
- The PMO shall facilitate discussions in the OC, in the Sub-Projects and with the other sub-projects and assist to reach amicable compromises among the Parties.
- The PMO shall, on demand of the sub-project leaders, assist the parties to develop structure and describe or draft procedures and processes or any other document with regards to the Sub-Project. If time permits, the PMO shall perform other tasks in the framework of the Sub-Projects jointly or individually allocated to him by the sub-project leaders.
- The PMO shall facilitate interactions between the Sub-Projects and external bodies or projects such as CWE, CORE, MRC and XBID as well as service providers, as necessary to ensure a smooth inclusion of ALEGrO in the capacity calculation and allocation across long-term, day-ahead and intraday timeframes.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written); French, Dutch and German are a plus.
- At least 5years’ experience with a similar role and in-depth knowledge of the CWE TSO and MRC governance, tools and procedures
- Profile: Master degree with a technical or economical orientation (e.g. Sciences, Applied Sciences (Engineering), Economy)