Release Manager (Java)
For the Transversal Services Department we are currently looking for a Release Manager with profound knowledge of Java technology to join the Release Management Team for a period of 6 month with possibility for internalization after a successful mission completion.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
Secondary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the environment outside of the production, preparing and installing the release packages & hotfixes.
- Create and configure outside of production environments to enable testing of projects which are in progress.
- Act as the responsible person for the stability and availability of outside of production environments.
- Act as the responsible person for the scheduling of releases and account for the respect of schedules according to the release calendar.
- Administrate, manage and configure the platform tools of Java (Nexus, Jenkins, SonarQubes and Github) build.
- Make sure the process of Release Management is being followed in a compliant way according to the company standards as a point of contact for the Release Management also for the configuration of the test environment
- Assure quality of delivery and deployment within ICT standard and in line with service delivery.
- Report and share information with clients and associated parties in regards to the critical applications.
- Installations, administration, development & configuration
- Quality assurance
- Constant evolvement conducted in lessons learned after each milestone achieved
- Put in practice the improvement actions and good practices of software development
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent through experience. Advanced course work in technical systems plus continued education in technical disciplines is preferred
- IBM & Agile Minded
- ITIL foundation is a plus
- Very good knowledge of IT infrastructure and program development in regards to business impact
- 3-5 years of Release Management experience
- Very good knowledge of Linux / Tomcat / MySQL / Postgres: basic administration, SSH, SQL
- Good knowledge of: DB2, MySQL, SQLServer or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of Java: Springframework, Maven.
- Very good knowledge of Java run server in terms of Administration and deployment in WebSphere via DMGR + Jython programmation
- Good knowledge of GIT & BitBucket
- Good knowledge of Openshift
- Good knowledge of Postgress
- Good knowledge of Administration & deployment JBoss
- Good knowledge of program development within Java 1.5, 1.7, 1.8
- Utilisation of Maven and know how to debug build & release issues
- Development in Python/Jython
- Development in Groovy
- Ansible = installation SW
- Working knowledge of MQ Series
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Accepts personal responsibility for client satisfaction
- Good tracking, coordination and project management skills
- Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
- Any other language is a plus